Our UNIVERSAL Tung Oil Sealer (UTOS) is a high solids base coat sealer made with Tung Oil. Use in conjunction with our H2OLOX®, ORIGINAL, MARINE and URETHANE finish products for wood floors, cabinets, countertops, furniture and woodworking projects. UTOS is a buffable coating that is low odor and low VOC.
Let’s Get Started! Get Your Products & Directions on How to Apply.
UNIVERSAL Tung Oil Sealer is always a sealer. It should be top coated with one of our H2OLOX®, ORIGINAL, MARINE or URETHANE Finishes.
Where to Use
As a sealer underneath all Waterlox® finishes (except TRUETONE® Color-Infused Tung Oil Stains).
A high solids base coat / sealer made with Tung Oil.
UTOS Videos and Photos
- VOC compliant in all 50 states. Use as a sealer for H2OLOX®. Can replace our existing sealer products (ORIGINAL, MARINE and VOC Compliant).
- Like all of our Tung Oil formulas, 90% of the resin portion of the formula is from renewable, natural resources.
- Formulated as a base coat/sealer to be used in conjunction with our H2OLOX®, ORIGINAL, MARINE and URETHANE finish products. Together, they create a waterproof barrier while forming a protective film that is durable against common household use and foot traffic.
- Non-toxic when dry and fully cured.
- Handcrafted in small batches in Cleveland, Ohio by a 4th generation, family-owned company.
- Available in gallon, quart, pint and 2 ounce sizes.
- Use as a base coat on interior or exterior* wood surfaces including floors, windows, doors, cabinetry, woodwork, tables, furniture, bar tops, picture frames and various woodworking projects.
- Provides exceptional adhesion to oily, dense, exotic woods like teak, rosewood and ipe.
- One quart of sealer covers 600-800 square feet per coat. For more details, view our coverage guide. No thinning required.
- DO NOT APPLY WITH A BRUSH. DO NOT ALLOW EXCESS TO DRY (WIPE OFF EXCESS).
- Allow to dry overnight before applying finish coats. Poor ventilation, high humidity or cool temperatures may increase dry times.
- Keep container closed when not in use.
How Can We Help?
Find the appropriate application guide based on the products and surface size you are using.Find Guide
Search our “Project Help” section to find help topics and tips during all stages of the application process.Search Now
Use our “Find Your Finishing System” tool to identify the products, tools and suggested application steps.Get Started