Our ORIGINAL VOC Compliant Formula is the same great product as our ORIGINAL formula, but is VOC compliant in all 50 states. It penetrates deep into wood to literally lock out water and provides a rich, distinctive finish that is easy to maintain.
Let’s Get Started! Get Your Products & Directions on How to Apply.
ORIGINAL VOC Compliant Sealer & Semi-Gloss Finish is always a sealer. For a semi-gloss finish, use it for all coats. For a satin finish, top coat sealer with two coats of ORIGINAL VOC Compliant Satin Finish.
Where to Use
Great for wood floors, countertops, cabinets, tables and furniture.
Will provide your wood with a warm, amber, finished look.
- A VOC compliant version of our ORIGINAL formula (available in 350 g/L).
- Like all of our Tung Oil formulas, 90% of the resin portion of the formula is from renewable, natural resources.
- When used in conjunction with a Waterlox® sealer, our ORIGINAL VOC Compliant formula penetrates deep into wood fibers to create a waterproof barrier while forming a protective yet elastic film that is durable against common household use and foot traffic.
- Easier to maintain than other interior clear or surface finishes.
- Non-toxic when dry and fully cured.
- Hand made in Ohio by a 4th generation, family-owned company.
- Available in semi-gloss and satin sheens.
- Available in gallon, quart and 2 ounce sizes.
- Formerly known as Waterlox VOC Compliant Finish.
- Use on interior wood surfaces including floors, windows, doors, cabinetry, woodwork, tables, furniture, bar tops, picture frames, and various woodworking projects.
- Great on porous interior surfaces such as slate, brick, stone, tile, or cement to seal and prevent chalking and dusting*.
- Provides exceptional adhesion to oily, dense, exotic woods like teak, rosewood and ipe.
- One quart of ORIGINAL VOC Compliant sealer or finish covers 125 square feet per coat (500 square feet per coat for one gallon). One quart of the Universal Tung Oil Sealer covers 600-800 square feet per coat. No thinning required.
- Minimum dry time of 24 hours between coats. Poor ventilation, high humidity or cool temperatures may increase dry times.
- Sanding between coats of Waterlox® ORIGINAL VOC Compliant products is not necessary for adhesion but can be done for aesthetic reasons. Allow 24 hours of dry time BEFORE sanding. If sanding, allow AT LEAST 8 hours with very good air movement to be sure the surface is re-cured.
How Can We Help?
Find the appropriate application guide based on the products and surface size you are using.Find Guide
Search our “Project Help” section to find help topics and tips during all stages of the application process.Search Now
Use our “Find Your Finishing System” tool to identify the products, tools and suggested application steps.Get Started